Friday, May 29, 2009

Progress


I thought you might like an update on the quilt I showed you at the beginning of the week. I've finished the image now and I think I am about half way through the background now. As you can see I've gone with feathers. It's a fun fill and it scales very well to fit in around the main image. I'm not planning to quilt the areas within the image so it should stand out a little bit. I'll have to see how it sits though when I have the rest of the quilting in place.

I have to admit that hasn't gone as fast as my projects usually do. That's because I've been catching up on household jobs too. It may not be everyone's idea of a good holiday but having a week when I didn't have any bookings has been amazing. I've been able to quilt and do the jobs that have been bugging me. Tomorrow though I am back teaching. I will be doing beginners machine quilting at Patchwork Corner. It's always an interesting class, and hopefully it will be a gentle reintroduction into working outside the house.

3 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Very cool!

Deborah said...

Hi
Just to say I loved your Beginners' Machine Quilting class today. Your teaching style is very clear, with lots of encouragement and laughs. A great day, and thank you for all your help and patience.
Deborah

Ferret said...

Thanks guys.

Machine quilting is supposed to be fun and people seem to quilt a lot better when they are laughing (well if you can avoid the tears streaming down the face type :). I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you will keep at it. You might want to check out Feather on a Wire (see the first comment) her quilting is all done on a domestic machine.