Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wholecloth workshop

Well here are some pictures of how far people got with their wholecloths in the workshop today. I hope the quilting will show up and I am sorry if I've missed anyone, it's hard to see exactly what I am doing on my phone. A couple of these little quilts are actually finished which is great and several more are very close to completion. As you can see there were many different approaches used during the day and some very impressive quilting. One of the purple quilts has feathers quilted in metalic thread on it. Imressive? Very, but more so when you find out it was her first attempt at feathers! Just goes to show what can be achieved if you just got for it, I don't know if she believes how cool that is yet.

I guess it's time for bed for me as tomorrow I am back with Oast Quilters teaching advanced machine quilting. Night night.

3 comments:

Susan Briscoe said...

Lovely. I wonder if we should go for this workshop when you are up here for Quiltfest next Feb? The results are impressive.

Ferret said...

I'd say it's a very good choice. It seems popular, it's a lot of fun and it's one of the skills I am known for. That probably means we've just jinxed it :)

Ferret said...

Sorry the red quilts quilting doesn't show, you'll just have to believe me when I say it's quilted quite intricately and and has a different star pattern to all the others.