Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Advanced? Machine quilting and home

Apparently I need to rename this class (hence the question mark above) the word is too scary for the actual class. I guess it will become machine quilting 2. I've only posted the clearest of the photos so you will just have to believe me the rest are great too. Some beginners weren't put off by the title and they did well. Often the less people know about the subject the better they get on. It probably means they have less to unlearn. I didn't take an overview picture but when all the samples were spread out on the floor there was an impressive amount of quilting. Bear in mind there is also a lot of talking (and time for another very nice lunch) and you will appreciate how much everyone got done within the class. A couple of students fount that the 1m square sample piece wasn't really quite big enough for them. I had a great time with this group over the weekend and I hope I will get to meet up with them again soon.

Today it turns out I have a bonus day at home, well at least in theory. I thought I would start by going to the storage unit to unload the van. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Unfortunately by the time I got home the world and his wife had filled not only my road but all the surrounding ones, so it feels very much like I am still on the road. I've ended up at shopping center with free parking and I'm sitting in a burger bar. Nothing new there. Hopefully I will get home at a civilised time and be able to check my phone messages and answer email, but I'm not going to count on it.

3 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

These are wonderful! I wish you'd been my teacher 20 years ago!

Ferret said...

I love the fact that there are lots of patterns there I didn't show them. They have taken ideas blended and tweaked and come up with something new and fun.

You just wait until they have had a chance to polish these patterns, they will be fantastic.

Susan Briscoe said...

Great samples! I think the rename for the class is a good idea. :-)