Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Failed to visit, but not on purpose.

A few students on recent workshops have mentioned that there are areas of the country I haven't visited. This has meant they needed to travel quite some distance to do the classes they wanted (and I am deeply flattered they made the effort).  I had thought I had got pretty much everywhere but after checking I see they are indeed right. The places marked in green are the counties I have already visited, those in blue I have been booked to go to in the next few months. The ones I haven't visited yet are in pink, they are in no particular order
  • Cornwall
  • Rutland
  • West Midlands
  • Shropshire
  • Derbyshire
  • Greater Manchester
  • Lancashire
  • South Yorkshire
  • West Yorkshire
  • The East Riding Of Yorkshire
  • County Durham
  • Northumberland
I'm really not ignoring any of you. I have half a plan to try and get to Cornwall next summer as it looks like I will be making another tour of Dorset and Devon then so it makes sense to try and add in Cornwall to keep the costs down. In a similar vein a lot of the area I haven't been to is in one lump so if you do want me to come to your area it might be worth seeing if we can get together a tour to fill in other areas near by. Now people have got me thinking about this I really want to collect the set :) I wonder if there are any quilt groups in Rutland, it's a small area so I am guessing it is likely to be the last place I get to visit.

2 comments:

Susan Briscoe said...

Didn't the map let you include Wales & Scotland?

Ferret said...

We struggled to find a good map of the English counties, still looking for one of the whole of the UK, but so far I've only been to Aberdeen and South Wales so I know I have a lot of ground to cover there ;)