Sunday, July 31, 2011

Carnation hall - wholecloths

Yesterdays workshop was wholecloths based on traditional blocks.. This is a good way to get people to start applying thier machine quilting skills hopefully without being too intimidating. As you can see pretty much any method of getting thread onto fabric works. We had bobbin quilting, decoratve machine stitches, plain machine stitches and free motion quilting. Some of the ladies even got on to their second wholecloth during the class! Otheres went with bigger and more ornate designs, learnig to draft their own compasses and other blocks. For me it was very exciting watching these quilts come to life. I'm guessing I wasn't the only one having fan as no one wanted to stop for lunch. Eventually we did have to pause and just as well , lunch here is great. Thank you all so much. I've loved sharing my machine quilting tips with you and I can't wait to come back for the insane wholecloth class and the large one :)

3 comments:

Sewing Granny said...

Thank you for a super day Ferret...I had a lot of fun as well as learning a lot.
Regards
Brenda.

Connie said...

What a great idea. I'm going to try this since I can't take a class from you unless you'll be teaching is the U.S. sometime.

Ferret said...

Glad it wasn't just me Brenda :)

Connie, I can come to the US if any groups want to book me. The hardest part for me is getting the word out that I exist and I can be hired. Alternatively you could come and visit here :)