Friday, February 16, 2007

Relaxed and refreshed

I seem to have found the cure for the common cold. Relaxing. Well it has worked for me. I've spent the day sorting out paperwork. Putting pictures of the quilts into my show quilt file. Upadeted where my quilts are going when, and almost finished last years scrap book. All stuff that needed doing, but didn't need much thought. It's been fun.

I also relearned crochet. I haven't done it in years and I have a friend who wants me to teach her. I feel I can now. In playing I have made the start of a blanket in truly nasty wool. I don't know if the stitch I have been doing has a name, but I like it and it seems to be working.

I've finished the evening with home made brownies. I love them but I don't often find time to make them. However my main motivation was to save money compared to Gu brownies. I did save a little maybe but it isn't as much as I thought. I will feel better about buying them next time.

So the house smells of chocolate, I feel refreshed I think I will have an early (for me) night and get started on my Tactile Architecture entry tomorrow.

4 comments:

Dormouse said...

Relaxing with chocolate brownies. The cold didn't stand a chance.

Kate North said...

Sounds like a great cure for the common cold. Might be a good cure for annoying children during half term holidays, too... Oh, and nice to find someone else who comments on "going to bed early" - at 11.46pm!

Ferret said...

Well that is early to go to bed isn't it :)

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the world's only Gu brownie addict. Just one every day or two for sanity.
Today though it was pancakes, simply done with lemon and sugar.