Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hi, I am still here

I thought this was going to be a quiet week, how wrong can you be. The bridal hand off went well Monday, and I took a little time off before preparing for my class the next day. Just as I was arriving for the class (only just on time due to bad traffic) I got a phone call. The job I had planned to do Wednesday - Friday had just become urgent and could I please get there today (Tuesday). I refused to cancel the class but said I would head over as soon as I had finished teaching. The job was prop making and ran until Thursday. We didn't quite get as much out as we wanted for the Wednesday, but we finished on time for the Thursday collection. It did involve some late nights to do it, and as you can imaging, after the double shift and then not a lot of sleep I have been too tired to blog.

Today I had a chance to work on the next magazine quilt. I've finished the base layer of the top. Tomorrow I will quilt it and add the details. It is supposed to have removable pieces, but I realised (after buying the velcro) that it might be better to stitch them in place on the quilt that will be going to trade shows. Oh well, I am sure I will use the velcro sometime.

In the midst of all this I did manage to go out for dinner on Thursday at my favourite sushi place. The food was good and it was nice to see them open again after moving. We ate until we were ready to burst and then the chef produced us 'desert'. It was an inside out roll with eel in the center. The outside was wrapped with assorted fish and avocado. It was beautiful. Fortunately I had my camera with me (I had been taking pictures of the snow on the way t work) so I managed to get a picture of it. Apparently it doesn't have a name yet, but I hope it gets one soon. Something that pretty really should have a name. It tasted amazing too, and despite having all claimed to be full we managed to eat it all. It's a great place. It is called Wankara, and is in Oriental City in Collindale..

No comments: