Friday, June 23, 2006

Miss Baltimore tops up her tan

Who would have thunk it? I really like the quilting on her bikini bottoms, they look much better. I settled on the micro stipple for the banner which I also like. Having checked samples of all the fabrics I used I don't trust 2 of the reds to get wet, or her eyes. I managed to buy two very large blocks of polystyrene which I have 200 mph taped (duct tape to the rest of the world) together to make a big blocking surface that will fold to fit in the car or through doors.

Given I didn't want to get her wet all over I decided to lie her on the blocking surface and spray her with water, which meant working outside. She looks pretty good now and after lying for an hour in the sun was dry enough to for me to stand up without fear of water getting places I didn't want it. So she is now standing in the back room drying and hopefully setting in her new flat state.

Back to the nudes.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I like Miss Baltimore, and can well imagine that quilting her would be a challenge. Please post her when done so we can see the final product!

And, glad my idea worked for smoke. After getting farther on my journal quilt, I decided that I wanted an airier, more transparent head on my weeds. So, I tried again, with less fiber. Make sure to spread them apart when you pull them off the cap- and, you can do it with less than you might think. I got the effect I wanted, and agree, it would work very well for smoke. I'd love to see a post of what you create with the idea--

Ferret said...

Oh yes she will be up here when her final photo is done, probably Monday or Tuesday next week.

I have planned some drag racing quilts and I love the shapes in the burnout smoke so I am hoping I can persuade the fibers to move in much the same way. Sadly it will be a while befoer I have time to play as I have set myself a goal of 22 show quilts this year. It is one of those seemed like a good idea at a time thing. I'll leave you a message though when I get one up.