Sunday, December 30, 2012

Cow on the frame

As you can see I am making good progress with the cow now. Yes this does mean the tracing is all done. I am so relieved, it was getting really boring. The cow has been about for nearly a year without quilting. It is one of the samples for my art quilts 3 class and is based on the photos I took for Herd Mentality. It is quilted very differently from Herd Mentality, and is also acting as a test for my next quilt. Fur goes much faster than I expected and is a lot of fun to quilt.

3 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I love the little pepples on her nose. Did Herd Mentality noses have the same texture? I don't remember them and I spent hours looking at it.

Ferret said...

No the quilting is completely different to Herd Mentality. They had contour line quilting, where this has more 'realistic' texture quilting.

Cows do have sort of pebbly noses.

Borderline Quilter said...

Yes, cows have pebbly noses and 'hair', looking good....