Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh!

There is a disadvantage to going around the show early the first morning. The awards aren't all up. So my last report wasn't entirely accurate. If I've got this right (and it is late) my final tally is,
Judges choice - Herd Mentality
Highly commended - Radience
Third place - Contemporary Small - Heat
First place - Pictorial - Herd Mentality
First place - Longarm - Flying Feathers

Yes I am thrilled, and somewhat stunned. I did decide I had to go to the gala dinner, and actually the food was very good this year. I don't know what has happened but I am impressed. Strangely I found it far more nerve wracking to go and collect prizes that to give talks. I guess it is a control issue, but it was interestinmg enough to slightly distract me from how scared I was.

When I got back to my hotel I ran into some guys here for another conference, Magic the Gathering. Yes, yes, I know I shouldn't like it, but I do, and I think they have learned something about quilting too. Hopefully I can catch up with them tomorrow night. I am going to be exhausted at the end of this.

4 comments:

Leni said...

Oh, WOW!!!! Even MORE Congratulations! :-D What a stunning result!

So pleased that all your hard work was recognised and rewarded.

Well done, you deserve it all!

Leni from Pinner xx

Beverly said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved awards!!

Cy Dethan said...

Outstanding - that is a truly fantastic set of results!

See you in several hours for some well earned celebrations!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Yippee! That's more like it! Congratulations on dazzling the show! Also love the marbled fabrics. Ricky Tims came to our guild for a lecture and workshop, and I enjoyed his music as well as his easy teaching manner. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the show.