Thursday, February 18, 2010

I just had to share

I believe in copyright. I don't copy films, books or music but this really speaks to me. I can't tell you how sick I am of all the copyright junk at the beginning of DVD's. I too have screamed at the TV, "but I DID pay for this movie". The same goes for some of the excessive copyright notices I have found on quilting products. I am a designer and I love to support others, but come on be fair. If you tell me something I already know, why shouldn't I carry on teaching it? What constitutes one use of a panto and why should I be bound by a clause I cound't read before I bought the product. How about we all play nice and get treated like decent human beings. If not I can see the 'vote with your wallet' argument becoming very persuasive.

Anyway I shouldn't be on the computer I should be getting the car ready to head north tomorrow. See you at Pearoom Quilters tomorrow. Oh yes, and a quick plug for the March issue of Sewing World, there might be a quilter in it you know :)

No comments: