Saturday, February 06, 2010

Blooming good class


Date: 06/02/2010 8:31 pm
I am terrible at asking to take pictures in classes. I usually remember just after everyone leaves. Today I remembered just before they left. I think that worked really well as you can see the project well underway. The class was at The Huskvarna Studio in Nottingham. It's the first time I've been here and I did struggle to find it. Can we just say one way system with tram and bus lanes. When you do find it the workshops are very impressive. Space for two large practical classes and a computer lab as well.
Today the students were making caveman style tulips. This is a Ricky Tims technique. No templates, no rulers and very few rules. It's a very free form project where most 'design oportunities' can be worked in seamlessly. It's the second time this week I've taught this class. It's been fun both times. With a group who are prepared to try something different it can be very inspiring for me too. Hopefully some of my students from both classes will send in photographs of their finished projects so I can put them up on my web site. I enjoyed today I hope you all did too. Looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments: