Saturday, July 03, 2010

Sleeper train

I've loved my trip on the train, but it's been like stepping into an alternate reality. Unlike flying everyone has been friendly and helpful, it's almost a community in it's own right. I did find that the train being stationary would wake me up but I quite enjoyed looking at the sleeping stations on the way. Before I forget the photos are Montrose. It's lovely scenary but very bright and sunny.

The dinner last night was excellent and not overy expensive, but breakfast is more like airline good. I'll try the continental on the way home. The 'cell', as one of the other passengers described it, is small but functional. I've stayed far worse places. The bed is confortable and it was great to be in a cool room. Speaking of which, I need to get ready for my stop. Next update will be from the frame quilting retreat. Note not the longarm retreat. Linzi has opened it up to any frame quilter which strikes me as a great idea.

No comments: