Friday, August 08, 2008

Woo Hoo

It seems to be time for me to find my work out and about. I've just had a call from a friend telling me two of my quilts are in Fabrications this month. Perttu and Lilly were photographed at Sandown and have made it into the show report.

A couple of days ago I was talking to another friend who told me one one of the prop sewing jobs I've done appears in the films trailer which I could find online. Yay, I love to know the work actually gets used. The film is Doomsday and indeed if you search you will find trailers for it. I helped make the armoured environment suits. If you watch really closely there is also a suit of armour that he made. It's odd, although we both worked on the same film we were at the workshop at completely different times, and it was a while before we twigged we had been working on the same film. The film is out on DVD soon, and I was planning on getting it to see my work on film, but having watched the trailer it looks like I might well enjoy the film too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - Doomsday! I have been wanting to see that since I first saw the posters.

I hope you kept the patterns in case of apocalypse?