Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rain

For a while there it did look like we would get a second qualifier. However, it's now pouring with rain and there is a 5pm curfew. I think it is safe to say we have finished for the day now.

We had entertainment in the pit today. A balloon modeler. I did try to be grown up, but he taunted me for long enough and I had to have a penguin. It's very cool isn't it. I've included a picture of his URL so you can go and have a look at his work. Apparently he does a lot of more complex sculpture when he can sit and work. The things I've seen are just the quick bits. I found it interesting how much he manipulated the balloons. Some of them seem to yank and twist and hope. Billy doesn't he seems to persuade the balloons to do what he wants. It was really fascinating how many ways he could shape the balloons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Penguin!

I hope the cats have not found him. It may put them off birds for life.

I am trying to imagine a man in a big coloured hat tempting you with balloons. It sounds like you slipped sideways into Chitty Chitty Ban Bang for a moment there. Watch out for his big net!