Friday, July 25, 2008

Paint it black

It seems a friend of our started a tradition. I am sure he didn't mean to, and probably doesn't know he has yet. Still when he was in the position I now am he spent some hours in the garden painting shelving black. Today I have done exactly that. It is about half the shelving for my new walk in fabric store. The room is now largely empty. If anyone is looking for an office desk or a fabric covered wardrobe do get in touch. They are free to a new home. Once they are gone I can shelve the whole room. I might have to have a rethink about the lighting, but dim will at least be good for the fabric, if hopeless for matching colours.

While the shelves dry we are going to see the new Batman film. Maybe when I get home I will be able to start getting the room straight. It will be so good to have all my fabric in one place. I will also have a sensible place to put my spare sewing machines, which should make them easier to get at and my sewing room clearer. Win, win I would say.

2 comments:

Stephens said...

I must say, Ferret, I've so enjoyed keeping up with your very active blog! Loved the marathon quilting! Loved seeing the images of your whitework quilts! So reminded me of my own adventure with the Wind embroidery of my Earth, Wind, Fire, Water series of wall hangings.
And now I'm so thrilled to hear you're opening up a fabric shop on top of it all. So much has happened since we 'virtually' met eight years ago.

Leni said...

Have you tried Harrow Freecycle for your unwanted furniture?

A walk-in fabric store would be wonderful! (Not that I have more than a couple of boxes of 'stash' yet, but a girl can dream, eh? ;-D )

Leni