Thursday, August 23, 2007

The world still feels a little off center

It's really taking me a long time to recover from the Festival of Quilts. I have a stack of work I really should be getting on with, but I just can't focus. I have at least managed to put in some thread orders. Barnyarns have really impressed me, I ordered thread yesterday and it arrived today. Yes I have taken the advice, and yes the thread does look as good as promised. I don't know if I mentioned it but I was alarmed to notice I was almost out of black thread just before the festival, so I am now waiting on a large box of just black thread to arrive from America. Each time I order I get a larger quantity but I seem to be using it at an even faster increasing rate.

I suppose the other reason for not getting much done is following up on all the conversations I had and the show, and those I failed to have. I can't believe I talked to so many people and yet missed a lot I specifically wanted to see. It's scary how many people I now sort of know.

I've also been thinking about some new quilt designs. I was disappointed to not come back full of inspiration this year, but after a rest ideas have started to flow. I saw a lady with an amazing knotted necklace and I still fancy doing one of the beads in quilting. If I can get my head around it I think it would be really fun. I want to do something a bit different but photographic, I have one pretty much planned and a couple more ideas that need some more kicking. I am trying to work out how to get action shots of people and cats. Some of the poses I want to do with humans would be a lot easier with the aid of wires, but I don't have that kind of set up, or indeed the space for one so I will have to find another way. Yes I know one option would be to try and draw it from my imagination, but I can't do that to my satisfaction. I am also considering the life drawing classes again, but they are very scary, I don't really want to go anywhere with an art teacher, but I really want art lessons. Tricky.

I've also discovered that there is a shortage of cheap plastic drawer units. I've needed some for my sewing room for a while and this seemed as good a time as any to have a tidy up. Now everyone is out of stock. Does the world not what me to be tidy (well tidier at least).

No comments: