Thursday, May 08, 2008

Garden Globes




This is a shop sample at Patchwork Corner. It is one of the two quilts I quilted over last weekend. It is made with the Floragraphix range of fabrics from In the Beginning. It's an amazing range, which I will be making a quilt from as soon as I have time. The quilt thoough was a challenge to quilt. I didn't feel I could just use and all over. It's didn't seem to add anything to the piecing. I also know that Jenny likes her quilting to match the fabrics in colour, and with this one there are a lot of colours to match. I decided the only way for ward was to match each colour in it. So there are four colours of quilting in this one. You can see that better in the picture of the back (I usually match my bobbin to my top thread). Rather frustratingly the quilting doesn't show a lot on the front, but that does seem to be the way when i put in this much work. The more time you put in the less there is to show for it.

Hopefully the quilt be be bound and on display at Malvern in just over a weeks time. It will be on the Patchwork Corner stand and if you would like to make your own version there will be kits available. If you are really keen you could even to get me to quilt it just like this one.

When I quilt I often listen to audio books, and I have found cusomers like to know what book was involved in their quilt. This one was Eragon by Christopher Paolini.

1 comment:

Stephens said...

Must say, Ferret, your work just keeps getting better and better! So very pleased to see you doing this!