Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Guide Me

I finally managed to get a reasonable photograph of 'Guide Me'. The trick was getting it into really good natural light. Fortunately I know someone with a large conservatory. Of course I would have rather not had the creases but you can't always get what you want. I did leave it to hang and although they reduced somewhat they didn't vanish, so I have no idea what it is going to look like in Edinburgh. I can't post it rolled because it is too long and the carriers all refuse to take it so I have to fold it. I did try folding it on the bias when I packed it off to the show, so if anyone manages to get some pictures of it we can see if that helped at all.

Still in this picture you can see how colourful it is. The fabric is black cotton sateen, and the coloured threads are Masterpiece by Superior. These are very fine threads, that are fairly low lint and very glossy looking. I love the glow they have on the sateen. Once I clear the current customer quilts I have in I will be making something else like this, I am really looking forward to doing another wholecloth.

If you are going to the Scottish Quilt Championships I have four quilts there. 'Guide Me' is joined by 'Wait', 'Golden Storm' and 'In Full Bloom'. I think they are in bed quilt, art, theme and small wall hanging, but I am not certain. Fortunately the other quilts are quite small so I was able to roll them and they should therefore hang OK. It is one of the things I like about seeing photographs of my quilts out and about, I can assess how well they are hanging and what I need to improve in my packing technique.

No comments: