Sunday, April 15, 2007

Everythings going floral

So is it just a case that once you make a floral quilt you can't stop? I suppose In full bloom was kinda floral, even though I don't see blossom as flowers really. Then there was the pink and flowery commission, which is coming together well. Now I have spent all weekend working on a pair of flower quilts.

These are very much in my style and although fiddly they are quite satisfying. I don't know if I will have either of them done for the 'In Full Bloom' show but I will try. If not I will be able to send them to Sandown which would be fantastic as I am looking like not having anything to send there this year. I think I also need to look through what I have on hand and do some careful planning.

I am really thrilled to report I have finished the tops of my meme. I only had two people ask for pieces and I have tried really hard to live up to their expectations. I have had and discounted several ideas but at last I have come up with something I am confident about sending out. I have found this to be a lot harder than entering shows. I am so scared they won't like the pieces. As ever with me they have come out a bit larger than I expected. I hope that wont be a problem. I will quilt them up tomorrow and then think about the binding.

No comments: